Perfect for low-fructose snacking and dipping!
Prep Time: about 30 min.
Baking Time: about 10 min.
Yield: 4 portions
- 120g popcorn corn
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 125g butter
- 65g organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 75g organic rice syrup from Frusano
- First line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Then put the sunflower oil in a large pot and heat it. Add the popcorn corn, reduce the heat slightly and put a lid on. The lid is especially important because the popped corn kernels get very hot and can pop out of the pot when they pop. After a few minutes, the kernels will begin to pop. Shake the pot a little every now and then to move the corn kernels around. When the popping sound stops, remove the pot from the heat and spread the popcorn on the baking sheet. Remove any kernels that have not popped.
- Next, in another saucepan, melt the butter along with the organic corn sugar and organic rice syrup and bring to a boil once. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer slowly for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a light brown caramel forms.
- Spread the still-hot caramel evenly over the popcorn and mix everything briskly and thoroughly. Be careful, the mixture is hot.
- Allow the popcorn to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Have fun cooking and Bon Appetit!