Lamb's lettuce with warm asparagus, rhubarb and mushrooms
Warm seasonal vegetables on delicious lamb's lettuce with a fresh lemon-mustard vinaigrette make this summer salad a light and low-fructose delight.
preparation time: 60 - 75 Min.
quantity: 4 portions
quantity: 4 portions
Ingredients for the salad:
- 500g asparagus
- 250g mushrooms
- 150g lamb's lettuce
- 2 sticks of rhubarb
- 3,5 tablespoons organic corn sugar from Frusano
- Approx. 2 tablespoons of butter
- Organic wheat baguettes
Ingredients for the lemon-mustard vinaigrette:
- 2 teaspoons organic mustard from Frusano
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1,5 tablespoons Calamansi fruit spread from Frusano
- 1,5 tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- First cut the woody end off the asparagus, peel it and cut it into pieces about 1.5 cm wide. Boil water, salt lightly and add 1 tablespoon organic corn sugar. Add the asparagus, except for the asparagus tips, to the simmering water. After 2 minutes add the asparagus tips and cook for another 10-13 minutes until the asparagus is cooked.
- Meanwhile, wash the lamb's lettuce thoroughly and set aside for draining. Wash the rhubarb stalks and cut them into pieces about 1 cm wide. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters or sixths depending on their size.
- Put some butter in a hot pan and fry the mushrooms for about 4 minutes. Put the mushrooms in a bowl and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a frying pan, add rhubarb and fry for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle 1.5 tablespoons organic corn sugar corn sweetener over it and let it caramelize for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the rhubarb from the pan (before it falls apart) and add it to the mushrooms. Put some butter into the hot pan again and fry the asparagus briefly in it until it lightly turns colour. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon organic corn sugar corn-sweet over it and let it caramelize for 1-2 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and rhubarb back into the pan and briefly heat everything together.
- Mix all ingredients for the vinaigrette well and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lamb's lettuce in a bowl, add the pan-fried vegetables and marinate with the vinaigrette.
Tip: A freshly baked baguette or ciabatta goes very well with this low-fructose dish.
Have fun preparing and enjoy!