Mushroom cream soup with crunchy crostini
On your mark, get set, go! Start the autumn fructose free with Frusano - enjoy this wonderfully creamy mushroom soup on cool autumn days and warm yourself up from the inside.
Prep time: 60 - 75 Min.
Baking time: ca. 10-15 Min.
Yield: 4 servings
- 800g mushrooms
- 1 Organic Brick Oven Baguette from Frusano
- 500ml cream
- 400ml water
- 2 shallots (about 40g)
- 100ml Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Lakonia
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 210°C.
- Separate the parsley leaves from their stems and roughly chop the leaves.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot, add the diced shallot and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until they become transparent.
- the mushrooms, add them to the pan, and continue to sauté for 5-8 minutes. When the mushrooms have taken on some color, add the water and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then puree the soup while adding the cream.
- generously with salt, pepper, and grated nutmeg.
- the baguette and cut it into slices about 1 cm thick. Also cut the garlic into thick slices. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan on low heat, add the garlic and sauté until golden. Take the pan off the heat. Briefly dip the baguette slices in the pan and then place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake the prepared crostini in the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden.
- the soup in bowls, sprinkle with a little parsley, and serve with the crostini.
Cooking Tip: The garlic slices flavor the olive oil without the garlic pieces being consumed later. However, if you are very sensitive to garlic, we recommend roasting the baguette slices without adding the garlic in the pan, then sprinkle with salt and chili and bake in the oven until golden.