Spaghetti with ham-ketchup sauce
This creamy tomato sauce is light and a favorite of young and old alike!
Prep Time: about 35 min.
Ingredients for four people:
- 500g spaghetti
- Parmesan for sprinkling
- Oil for frying
For the sauce:
- 3 shallots*
- 220g Organic Frusano Ketchup
- 300g cooked ham (pay attention to the sugars!)
- 200ml cream (lactose free if necessary)
- 100ml water
- 3 tsp. chopped parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions and keep warm.
- Peel and dice the shallots. Cut the ham into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallots and sauté. Add the ham to the pan and quickly fry.
- Add the Organic Tomato-Ketchup from Frusano, cream, water, and parsley to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer over medium heat.
- Serve the ham-ketchup sauce with spaghetti and parmesan cheese.
Tip: This sauce also tastes good with rice.
For a tasty Bolognese-style sauce, replace the ham with ground pork or beef.
*If you don’t have shallots, you can use onions instead. However, onions contain more fructose and sucrose.
Have fun cooking and Bon Appetit!