Raspberry Cream Puffs
Just right for your springtime brunch! Light, airy pastry with aromatic raspberry filling!
Prep time: about 30 min.
Baking time: about 30 min.
For the pastry:
- ¼ L water
- 2 tsp. Frusano Organic Corn Sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 80g butter (lactose free if necessary)
- 125g flour
- 4 eggs
For the filling:
- 200ml cream (lactose free if necessary)
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry spread
- Line a baking pan with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 220°C (top and bottom heat)
- In a pot, bring the water, corn sugar, salt, and butter to a boil. Remove from heat, add the flour all at once and stir until smooth.
- Leave the dough in the pot on the burner and allow some of the moisture to evaporate, stirring vigorously with a spoon until the dough forms a ball and a white skin develops on the bottom of the pot. Remove the pot from the stove and let cool briefly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the dough, mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- Form little mounds of two spoonfuls of dough each on a baking pan, leaving plenty of space between each mound. Bake for about 30 minute. Note: Do not open the oven door during baking!
- Remove the pastries from the pan and cut them in half crosswise while they are still warm. Let cool.
- For the filling, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold in the Raspberry Spread from Frusano. Fill the cream puffs just before serving.
Have fun cooking and Bon Appetit!