Filita Chocolate Cake
Raspberry-filled Chocolate Cake – juicy and tasty!
Prep Time: about 35 min.
Resting Time: about 60 min.
Baking Time: about 50 min.
Yield: 12 pieces
Ingredients for the batter:
- 175g softened butter (lactose free if necessary)
- 50ml cream (lactose free if necessary)
- 4 eggs
- 350g Organic Janosch Panama Joy – Chocolate Drinkfrom Frusanofrom Frusano
- A few drops vanilla extract
- A pinch salt
- 250g flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 85g Organic Filita Dark Chocolate from Frusano
Ingredients for the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (top and bottom heat).
- Melt the Organic Filita Dark Chocolate from Frusano in a water bath.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, Organic Filita Dark Chocolate, cream, Organic Janosch Panama Joy – Chocolate Drink from Frusano, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Spread the dough into a greased springform pan and bake on the middle rack for about 50 minutes. When the cake is done, a toothpick inserted into the middle will pull out cleanly. Let the cake rest briefly in the pan, then remove the cake from the pan and let it continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Set the cake flat on a cake stand and cut in half horizontally. Spread the raspberry spread from Frusano on one layer and then reassemble the cake.
Tip: Serve your chocolate cake with Organic Corn Sugar sweetened whipped cream.