Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin Spice Latte is an American classic and the perfect hot drink in autumn. Spicy, warm and a fructose-free delight with our homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup! .
Preparation Time: about 20 min.
Yield: 4 portions
Ingredients for the Latte:
- 800 ml milk (lactose-free, if needed)
- 200 ml whipped cream (lactose-free, if needed)
- 1 small hokkaido pumpkin (~350g)
- 4 espressi
- 1 tbs. Organic Corn Sugar from Frusano
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- 5 tbs. Organic Rice Syrup or Organic Tapioka Syrup from Frusano
- 5 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp. clove powder
- First wash the Hokkaido, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces for the pumpkin puree. Put it in a saucepan, cover halfway with a little water and add a pinch of salt. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Once the pumpkin is soft, remove the pan from the heat and use a blender to make a fine puree.
- For the Pumpkin Spice Syrup, place the spices in a bowl and mix together with the Organic Rice or Organic Tapioca Syrup.
- For the cream topping, whip the cream with a tablespoon of Organic Corn Sugar until stiff.
- Then warm the milk and prepare the espressos. Next, add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to each glass, pour the hot milk over them and stir in 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice syrup.
- Finally, carefully pour the espresso into the latte and top with the whipped cream. Decorate with the remaining Pumpkin Spice syrup and cinnamon as desired.
Tip: Do you still have some mildly spiced pumpkin soup left? This can be a wonderful substitute for the fresh puree..
Have fun preparing and enjoy!