Glazed chicken breast fillet on lamb's lettuce with grapefruit and pine nuts
Preparation time: 35-45 min.
Cooking Time: about 15 min.
Yield: two portions
Yield: two portions
Ingredients for the glazed chicken breast fillets:
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. (~ 25g) calamansi fruit spread from Frusano
- 3 Tbsp. (~ 15g) organic tapioca syrup from Frusano
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
Ingredients for the salad:
- 150 g lamb's lettuce
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 ml light vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (~ 25 g) calamansi fruit spread from Frusano
- 1 Tbsp (~ 10 g) organic mustard from Frusano
- 25 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat.
- Wash the lettuce and set aside. Remove the peel and skin from the grapefruit.
- Then heat an ovenproof frying pan and roast the pine nuts in it without oil until golden brown. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Next, wash the chicken breast fillet and pat dry. Heat 1-2 tbsp (a good glug) of olive oil in the pan you have already used and sear the fillets on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, for the glaze, in a separate container, mix 3 tbsp calamansi fruit spread with 3 tbsp tapioca syrup.
- If an ovenproof pan was not used, transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish. Brush this with half the glaze and place in the hot oven on the middle shelf. After about 5 minutes, pour the rest of the glaze on top and cook for another 10 minutes or so. Depending on the thickness of the fillets, the cooking time will vary by a few minutes.
- While the chicken breast fillets are in the oven, prepare the dressing for the salad. Whisk together the vinegar, water, calamansi fruit spread and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and finally add the olive oil and mix well.
- Place the salad on 2 plates, arrange the grapefruit fillets on top and drizzle with the dressing. Take the chicken breast fillet out of the oven and cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Place these on the salad and drizzle with the juices that have run out in the pan/baking dish. Finally, sprinkle the pine nuts on the salad.
Tip: It is even easier to remove the skin from the grapefruit if it has been peeled earlier. Simply peel about 1 hour beforehand and separate the individual wedges. Leave on a plate until ready to use. The skin dries and is much easier to remove.
Have fun cooking and Bon Appetit!