Chocolate Carnival Doughnuts
Chocolaty, fructose-free and an absolute must at carnival and carnival time.
Preparation time: ca. 1 1/2 - 2 h
Resting time: ca. 2 h
Quantity: 12 pieces
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500g flour
- 100g butter, melted (lactose-free if necessary)
- 50 ml water (lukewarm)
- 2 tablespoons Organic Corn sugar from Frusano
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 pck. dry yeast
- 5g salt (about one smooth teaspoon)
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 pck. Organic chocolate pudding with Corn sugar from Frusano
- 500 ml milk (lactose-free if necessary)
Ingredients for the topping:
- 125g Organic Filita dark chocolate from Frusano
- 50 ml whipped cream (lactose-free if necessary)
- 2 L sunflower oil
- Prepare a smooth dough from all the ingredients for the dough. If it is still too firm, add some water. Then leave to rest covered for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook a pudding from the organic chocolate pudding powder according to the instructions on the packet. Let it cool down covered with cling film.
- Divide the doughnut dough into 12 equal pieces. Knead each piece of dough well by hand and then form balls. Cover the balls of dough with a cloth and let them rise again for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pot or deep fryer to about 170°C.
- Bake the doughnut dough balls one after the other from both sides. When deep-frying, make sure that one side is baked off first and no fat gets on top. Do not turn the doughnuts until the lower part is already golden yellow. Let the doughnuts cool on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Then remove the cling film from the pudding and stir it vigorously with a whisk or hand mixer. Put the chocolate pudding into a piping bag with a long spout and carefully fill the doughnuts with it.
- For the topping, break off 2 ribs of Bio Filita dark chocolate, chop roughly and put aside. Melt the remaining Bio Filita dark chocolate while stirring together with the whipped cream. Using a tablespoon, carefully spread the chocolate mixture over the doughnuts and sprinkle with the chopped Bio Filita dark chocolate.
Tip: Use a wooden stick to test whether the frying fat is at the right temperature. If the wooden stick is dipped into the fat and small bubbles form all around, the fat is hot.
We wish you a lot of fun while preparing and enjoy!