Chocolaty, fruity, decadent and fructose-free – that’s what you can expect from our chocolate raspberry cupcakes! This dessert is a dream come true for everyone who finds the chocolate and fruit combination absolutely irresistible.
Prep Time: 1-1.5 hours
Resting Time: about 1.5 hours
Baking Time: about 20 - 25 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Ingredients for the batter:
- 200g flour
- 150g Organic Corn Sugar from Frusano
- 150g Organic Dark Chocolate from Frusano
- 125g butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons homemade vanilla corn sugar
- 1 packet baking powder
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the raspberry frosting:
- 250g room temperature butter
- 250g room temperature cream cheese (lactose free if necessary)
- 150g Raspberry Spread from Frusano
- 70g Corn Sugar
- from Frusano
- 20g Organic Dark Chocolate from Frusano
- 12 raspberries for decorating (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or, alternatively, distribute reusable silicon molds on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Roughly chop 150g of the Organic Dark Chocolate and melt with 125g butter in a saucepan over low heat while stirring. While the melted chocolate mixture cools a little, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with 150g Organic Corn Sugar, vanilla corn sugar, and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Then, slowly stir the flour mixture into the eggs, alternating with the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the forms and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking, briefly heat the raspberry spread, stir until smooth and let cool for a few moments (it can’t be hot). Cream together the softened butter creamy and 70g Organic Corn Sugar. Then stir the cream cheese into the butter until well combined. Finally, carefully fold in the fruit spread. Chill the cream for at least 1 hour before decorating
- Take the chilled cream out of the refrigerator and whisk until smooth. Then spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and use it to frost the chocolate cupcakes. Chop the rest of the chocolate and decorate the cupcakes with the chocolate pieces and raspberries as desired.
Baking Tip: In order for frosting to succeed, all ingredients must be at room temperature. If the cream becomes a bit too soft, then simply stir in a packet of Organic Red Cake Glaze Sweetened with Dextrose