Raspberry Cream Puffs
Just right for your springtime brunch! Light, airy pastry with aromatic raspberry filling!
Prep Time: about 30 min.
Baking Time: about 30 min.
For the pastry:
- ¼ L water
- 2 tsp. Frusano Organic Corn Sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 80g butter (lactose free if necessary)
- 125g flour
- 4 eggs
For the filling:
- 200ml cream (lactose free if necessary)
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry spread
- Line a baking pan with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 220°C (top and bottom heat)
- In a pot, bring the water, corn sugar, salt, and butter to a boil. Remove from heat, add the flour all at once and stir until smooth.
- Leave the dough in the pot on the burner and allow some of the moisture to evaporate, stirring vigorously with a spoon until the dough forms a ball and a white skin develops on the bottom of the pot. Remove the pot from the stove and let cool briefly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the dough, mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- Form little mounds of two spoonfuls of dough each on a baking pan, leaving plenty of space between each mound. Bake for about 30 minute. Note: Do not open the oven door during baking!
- Remove the pastries from the pan and cut them in half crosswise while they are still warm. Let cool.
- For the filling, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold in the Raspberry Spread from Frusano. Fill the cream puffs just before serving.