Christmas - cinnamon cookies
It smells Christmassy - at Frusano there are delicious cinnamon cookies that sweeten every Advent day.
Preaparation time: ca. 75 Min.
Resting time: 1 h
Baking time: ca. 10-15 Min.
Quantity: 50-60 pieces
Ingredients for the doug:
- 150g butter (lactose-free if necessary)
- 100g Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- pinch of salt
- 250g flour (plus a little more for rolling out)
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling:
- 5 tablespoons Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Flour, organic grain sugar - corn sweetness of Frusano and salt on a work surface. Put the butter in slices around the heaped ingredients, press a hollow in the middle and put the egg in. Carefully knead the ingredients from the outside to the inside to a fine and even dough
- Place the dough in a cling film and chill for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, for the cinnamon sugar, mix the organic grain sugar - corn sweetness of Frusano with the cinnamon.
- Divide the cooled dough into 2 halves. Put one half back in the refrigerator until further processing. Roll out the other half into a rectangle on a floured work surface and spread about 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar evenly over the whole dough.
- Then carefully roll the dough completely on the long side. To make sure that the roll holds when cutting, make sure that it is rolled a little firmer and more compact.
- Cut the cinnamon roll evenly into slices with a floured knife and place it on a grid or baking tray lined with baking paper. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 180 °C top/bottom heat (or 160 °C with fan oven) on the middle shelf for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the still warm cookies with some cinnamon sugar and let them cool down.
We wish you lots of fun baking and a merry christmas!