Americans with chocolate glaze
Quick party cakes to eat with your hands – these Amerikaner have a milk chocolate glaze.
Prep Time: about 30 minutes
Resting Time: about 2 hours
Baking Time: about 20 minutes
Yield: about 25 cookies
Ingredients for the dough:
- 200g margarine
- 4 eggs
- 90g Organic Corn Sugar from Frusano
- a pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons homemade vanilla corn sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 700g flour
- 2 packets Organic Vanilla Pudding Mix with Corn Sugar
- 1 packet baking powder
Ingredients for the decoration:
- 200g Organic Milk Chocolate from Frusano
- 100g margarine
- Combine the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix with the hand mixer. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Form balls of approximately 4 cm from the dough, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and press gently to flatten. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- For the icing, melt Organic Milk Chocolate from Frusano together with margarine in a double boiler. Using a small spoon, spread the chocolate icing on the flat side of the Amerikaner and let them rest on a wire rack until the icing has set.
For Amerikaner cookies with a powdered sugar and lemon glaze, process 200g Frusano Organic Corn Sugar in a blender to a powdered sugar consistency and mix with the juice of two lemons. Brush the glaze on the flat side of the cookies and done!
Tip: For homemade vanilla corn sugar, place the contents of one vanilla bean in an empty screw-top jar with 1 packet of Organic Corn Sugar from Frusano in an empty screw-top jar and let stand for about 1 week.