Recipe - Gingerbread Hearts
Now for the Wies'n time: Gingerbread hearts with Frusano cereal sugar and Janosch Panama luck - cocoa!
Preparation time: ca. 60 min.
Baking time: 10-15 min.
Quantity: for 10 large or for 40 small hearts
Ingredients for the dough:
- 200g margarine
- 350g Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 750g Organic rice syrup from Frusano
- 15g gingerbread spice
- 5 tablespoons Organic Janosch Panama cocoa from Frusano
- 2 eggs
- 1,4 kg flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 2 egg whites
- 500g powdered sugar from Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- Heat margarine, organic cereal sugar, corn sweetener and organic rice syrup briefly in a saucepan. Stir in the gingerbread spice and Organic Janosch Panama cocoa well and let it cool down to room temperature again. Then add eggs, flour, baking powder and salt and knead the dough well.
- Roll out the dough about 1/2 cm thick and cut out the hearts. If the dough sticks slightly, simply add flour to the dough roll.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how dark you like them). Let it cool down afterwards.
- Beat the egg whites and stir in sieved powdered sugar. Pour the powdered sugar into a piping bag and decorate the hearts as desired.
Tip: As a template for large gingerbread hearts, draw a heart measuring approx. 18x18 cm on a cardboard box and cut it out as a stencil.
Tip: Homemade powdered sugar. Hex needed amount of Organic corn sugar from Frusano in a kitchen chopper to fine powder.