Fruity fresh rhubarb on a light vanilla pudding cream and a delicious biscuit base make this fructose-free dessert a highlight not only visually.
Preparation time: ca. 60 Min.
Resting time: ca. 30 Min.
Quantity: 4-6 portions (depending on glass size)
- 500g rhubarb
- 400 ml milk (lactose-free if necessary)
- 1 pck. (120g) Organic spelt butter cookies from Frusano
- 1 pck (90g) Organic custard powder with corn sugar from Frusano
- 50g butter
- 100 ml water
- 3 tablespoons homemade vanilla corn sugar
- Organic Filita dark chocolate from Frusano (as you like)
- For the compote, first wash and clean the rhubarb and cut it into pieces about 1 cm in size. Add the water and simmer for about 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft. Drain off any excess water (a small amount of water may remain). Stir the homemade vanilla corn sugar and 2 level tablespoons of the organic custard powder with corn sugar into the compote and let it simmer for another 2 minutes while stirring. Put the compote aside.
- Next, crumble the organic spelt butter cookies and place them in a bowl. It is best to crumble the organic spelt butter cookies in a freezer bag and with the help of a rolling pin. Melt the butter on a low heat in a pot, add it to the biscuit crumbs and knead well. The result is a compact, but not completely bound mass. Spread it directly into the glasses and press it to the bottom.
- Then take off about 150 ml of the milk and stir in the remaining organic custard powder with corn sugar. Bring the remaining milk to the boil, add the mixed custard powder and boil while stirring according to the package instructions. Pour directly onto the biscuit base in the glasses and let it cool down.
- When the custard cream is firm, spread the rhubarb compote on top.
- If you like you can now melt the Bio Filita dark chocolate in a water bath and place it on a baking paper grid. Decorate the dessert glasses with the chocolate elements that have been tightened (which have become solid again).
Tip: If it has to go faster, simply replace the rhubarb compote with our organic rhubarb fruit spread.
We wish you a lot of fun preparing and a good appetite!