Fructosefree Chocolate Rice Cake
With this fructose-free rice cake, you can bring a classic to the table with your afternoon coffee. And the hidden chocolate layer makes for an exciting surprise.
Prep Time: about 2 hours
Resting Time: about 3-4 hours total
Baking Time: about 25-30 minutes
Yield: 2 tarts or 1 sheet
Ingredients for the shortcrust base:
- 300g flour (plus a little more for working)
- 100g Organic Corn Sugar
- 200g room temperature butter (lactose free, if necessary)
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 packages Organic Instant Rice Pudding Sweetend with Glucose Syrup
- 1/2 package (one of the two packets) Organic Vanilla Pudding Mix with Corn Sugar
- 1 package Organic Chocolate Pudding Mix with Corn Sugar
- 1.4 liters milk (lactose free, if necessary)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons Organic Corn Sugar
- 1/2 bar Organic Dark Chocolate (optional for decorating)
- First, form the flour, Organic Corn Sugar, and a pinch of salt into a mound on your work surface. Distribute the butter in flakes around the mound and form a well in the middle. Add the egg to the well and, working from the outside in, work the ingredients until you have formed a smooth dough. Cover your dough and let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. If you need to work quickly, you can rest the dough in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare 2 packages of Organic Instant Rice Pudding Sweetened with Glucose Syrup according to the instructions on the package and let cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, knead the dough well again and roll it out on a floured work surface. Place either in 2 well-floured tart tins or on a paper-lined and floured baking sheet. Make sure to create a 3 cm high dough edge. Carefully prick the dough a few times with a fork. Bake until golden, about10 minutes at 210°C and then allow to cool.
- Next, prepare the Organic Chocolate Pudding with 500ml milk according to the instructions on the package and spread over the baked and cooled shortcrust. To make the next steps easier, allow the pudding to cool until it has set.
- Separate the 2 eggs and mix the yolks well into the rice pudding. Sprinkle the packet of Organic Vanilla Pudding Mix over the mixture and stir in carefully. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks and fold in carefully. Carefully spoon the rice mixture onto the pudding. Bake the entire cake at 200°C for 15-20 minutes. The rice cake is ready as soon as the rice pudding takes on a golden yellow color and remains stable in shape when moving. Let the cake cool completely. To decorate, melt the Organic Dark Chocolate in a double boiler and pour over the cake.
Baking Tip: It is best to let the finished cake cool overnight, so that the rice pudding can set again. To make it easier to remove the cake from the tart pan, place it in the freezer for 20 minutes or in the fridge for a little longer.