Mediterranean spaghetti with zucchini, olives, mozzarella and pine nuts
With this dish, Frusano brings Italian flair to your dining table. It’s low-fructose, quick to prepare, and very tasty!
Prep Time: about 45 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 500 g spaghetti (for example Organic Spaghetti from Probios)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 250 g mozzarella (lactose free, if necessary)
- 1 jar Organic Kalamata Olives without Pits
- 2 tablespoons Organic Kalamata Olive Paste
- 7 tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Lakonia
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 small bunch (4-6 stems) of basil
- Slice the garlic into thin sheets and cut the olives into rings. Quarter the zucchini lengthways and also cut into thin slices. Remove a few large leaves from the basil for decoration and chop the rest.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan, then add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add the zucchini and flip regularly so that it doesn’t soak up the oil on one side. Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Add olives and the chopped basil with 100 ml of water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- While the zucchini is cooking, bring the water for the pasta to a boil and roast the pine nuts without oil in a small pan and set aside. Mix 2 tablespoons of olive paste with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and also set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes until al dente.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and add the cooked spaghetti to the pan. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the noodles and toss carefully to combine.
- Portion the pasta on plates and tear the mozzarella over them. Put 1-2 teaspoons of the mixed olive paste on the mozzarella, sprinkle the pine nuts on top and drizzle some olive oil over it. Finally grind some fresh pepper over the pasta and garnish with the basil leaves.
Enjoy! Buon Appetito!