Easter recipe - carrot cake
This Easter classic is also a must for our low-fructose Frusano recipes. Delight your family and friends on Easter days with this juicy cake.
Preparation: ca. 1 h 30 min.
Resting time: ca. 3-4 h
Baking time: ca. 40 - 50 min.
Quantity: 12 pieces
- 400 g carrots
- 250 g wheat flour
- 200 g Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 100 g almonds, ground
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Organic corn sugar, homemade
- 1 pck. baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0,5 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 300 g double cream cheese
- 150 g butter, soft
- 120 g Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 10 g pistachio kernels, chopped
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Cream eggs with oil, organic cereal sugar corn sweetener, eggs, salt and homemade vanilla organic cereal sugar corn sweetener. Mix the flour with baking powder, almonds and spices and stir into the egg and oil mixture. Finally fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour the dough into a greased springform pan and bake at 190°C for 40-50 minutes. After baking let the cake cool down completely.
- For the Frosting Organic Cereal Sugar Corn Sweetener mix in a mixer to a fine powder. Mix double cream cheese, butter and icing sugar from organic cereal sugar corn sweetener to a smooth cream.
- Coat the cake all around with Frosting, sprinkle pistachio seeds over it and chill.
Tip: Homemade vanilla cereal sugar. Put the scraped out vanilla pod with 1 pack of Organic corn sugar from Frusano into an empty screw-on jar and leave it closed for about 1 week.
Enjoy and a happy Easter time!