Chicory-tangerine salad with mustard butter baguette
Fresh, light, healthy and low FODMAP. All this comes with our seasonal recipe. This juicy salad becomes a wholesome meal together with a crunchy mustard butter baguette.
Preparation time: 20-30 min.
Baking time: about 15 min.
Quantity: 2 portions
Ingredients for the salad:
- 2 chicory
- 2 tangerines
- 1 small handful of walnuts
- 4 tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Organic Rice-Syrup from Frusano
- 1 tbsp. water
Ingredients for the baguette:
- 1 spelt baguette, e.g. organic spelt baguette
- 75 g lactosefree butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. Organic Mustard from Frusano
- 0,5 tsp. (leveled) salt
- 2-3 branches thyme
- First cut the chicory in half, cut into thin slices, wash and drain.
- Next, peel the tangerines, quarter them and cut them into slices with a sharp knife. Place in a salad bowl with the chicory.
- For the salad dressing, mix together the vinegar, organic rice syrup, water and oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C top/bottom heat.
- Then take the spelt baguette out of the package and make several cuts with a bread knife. The slices should be about 1-1.5 cm thick. Important: Do not cut through the bread completely.
- Now put the butter in a bowl and add the mustard, salt and the thyme leaves. Pro-cess with a fork into a homogeneous mass. Then spread the mustard butter between the baguette slices.
- Finally, place the baguette in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes un-til golden brown. Scatter the walnuts over the salad and serve with the freshly baked baguette.
Have fun preparing and enjoy!