Easter Cake - glutenfree
Baking this tasty, gluten-free Hefezopf is quick and easy with our Organic Corn Sugar!
Prep time: 25 min.
Resting time: 60 min.
Baking Time: 30-35 min.
For the yeast dough:
- 1 portion dry yeast or ½ cube fresh yeast
- 240ml lukewarm water
- 400g light gluten-free flour
- 100g tapioca flour
- 100g Frusano Organic Corn Sugar
- 60g melted butter or margarine (lactose free if necessary)
- 2 eggs
- 2 level tsp. xanthan gum
- Grated lemon peel
For the coating:
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp. milk (Fat content is adjustable, lactose free if necessary)
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm milk.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough, including the Frusano Organic Corn Sugar and the yeast-milk mixture in a mixing bowl. Use the dough hook attachment on a hand mixer to knead well. Different gluten-free flours can affect the consistency of the dough. If necessary, add more flour or water to achieve the desired consistency. The final dough should be soft, but shapeable.
- Place the dough on a lightly-floured work surface and knead again, this time with your hands. Divide the dough into three even pieces and shape them into rolls about 5cm in diameter. Bread the rolls together and wrap the ends.
- Place the bread on a paper-lined baking pan. Whisk together the egg yolk and milk and brush the mixture liberally over the dough.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Bake the Hefezopf on the middle rack of an oven preheated to 180°C (top and bottom heat) for about 30-35 minutes.
Have fun cooking and Bon Appetit!