White Vanilla Chocolate mousse in an egg
Fructose-free, lactose-free, low FODMAP and the perfect Easter dessert. Fluffy, light mousse made from vanilla and white chocolate in a crunchy chocolate coating and a fruity yolk. An absolute highlight in terms of taste and appearance.
Preparation time: ca. 90 min.
Resting time: 3 h
Quantity: 6 portions (depending on balloon size)
- 200g lactose-free whipped cream, chilled
- 200g Organic Dark Chocolate from Frusano oder Organic Milk Chocolate from Frusano
- 150g Organic White Chocolate from Frusano
- 60g Organic Corn sugar from Frusano
- 6 tsp. Papaya Spread from Frusano oder Organic Sea Buckthorn Spread from Frusano
- 6 balloons (small or long)
- 4 eggs
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- 1 pack Organic Vanilla Sugar from Frusano
- 1 pinch of salt
- First, the chocolate shells are going to be formed. To do so, melt the organic dark or whole milk chocolate while stirring. Then form 6 blobs of 2 tablespoons chocolate each on a sufficiently large, flat plate and let it chill. Meanwhile, blow up the balloons. The diameter should be about 8 cm. The size can be adjusted if, for example, you want to prepare only 4 larger desserts. Take the plate with the hardened chocolate out of the refrigerator. Next dip the balloons into the melted chocolate, let the excess chocolate drip off and place it carefully on the chocolate blob. Hold until the chocolate starts to set and the balloon stands. With the help of a spoon, the chocolate can also be placed higher on the balloon, e.g. if the container is not high enough for dipping.
- Once the chocolate is hard, pop the balloons and remove them from the chocolate shells. Place them in the fridge until you are ready to fill.
- Next, separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with 30g Organic Corn Sugar and a pinch of salt. Set aside (preferably chilled).
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- At the same time, whip 150g of the lactose-free cream and set aside.
- Then melt the remaining cream together with the Organic White Chocolate while stirring. Set aside.
- Now, lightly beat the egg yolks together with the Organic Vanilla Sugar and 30g Or-ganic Corn Sugar in a metal bowl over a water bath using a whisk. Continue whisking until the egg is hot (80 °C). Stir in the squeezed out gelatine and the melted white chocolate cream. Remove the mass from the water bath. Next, fold in half of the beaten egg whites and slowly add the whipped cream. Now carefully work in the remaining egg white and spread everything over the prepared chocolate shells.
- Chill the chocolate mousse for about 3 hours. Finally, before serving, place a teaspoon of the Papaya Spread or Organic Sea Buckthorn Spread in the middle of the mousse.
We wish you a lot of fun preparing and enjoying, as well as Happy Easter!
Tip: To make it easier for yourself when dipping the balloons, you can use more chocolate. Simply pour the rest into a mold or onto aluminum foil and leave to cool. The chocolate can be reused as usual.