Easter recipe - filled bread rolls
Still looking for the perfect Easter snack? Here it comes: A bread croissant filled with spinach-avocado salad. Pine nuts, fresh raspberries and a mustard vinaigrette give this recipe that certain something. Arranged with spinach leaves, you serve tasty filled breads in an Easter carrot design.
Preparation time: ca. 1 h
Restin time: ca. 30 h
Baking time: ca. 15-20 min.
Quantity: 12 pieces
- 250g wheat or spelt flour (plus a little more for rolling out)
- 125ml oil (e.g. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Lakonia)
- 150ml water
- 1 teaspoon curcuma
- 1 avocado
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 100g baby spinach (optionally a little more for decoration)
- 25g pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons light vinegar (e.g. currant vinegar or balsamic vinegar bianco)
- 2 tablespoons Organic mustard from Frusano
- 1 tablespoon Organic rice syrup from Frusano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- First mix 250g flour, 25ml oil, water, curcuma and a pinch of salt and knead to a smooth and supple dough. Let it rest covered for 20 minutes.
- Then roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface into a large rectangle (approx. 40 x 40 cm) and cut it into twelve 3 cm wide strips. If the somewhat tough dough is difficult to roll out into a large rectangle, simply roll it out twice. Roll the dough tightly from the tip around Schillerlocken shapes and press the end of the dough firmly. (Alternatively, you can make the shapes yourself. To do this, simply roll cardboard into croissants and wrap them in aluminium foil). Bake bread wraps on a baking tray covered with baking paper at 220 °C top/bottom heat for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Let the bread croissants cool down and carefully remove them from the tins.
- While the croissants are cooling down, wash the spinach well and drain. Roast the pine nuts in a pan or saucepan without oil until golden brown. Cut the spinach into strips and the avocado into small cubes. Halve or quarter the raspberries depending on their size and put everything together in a bowl.
- Mix vinegar, organic Dijon mustard, organic rice syrup, a pinch of salt and pepper with a whisk or fork. Then slowly add the remaining oil, stirring constantly. Little by little you will get a creamy vinaigrette. Add the finely chopped basil and mint, season to taste and pour over the prepared spinach salad. Mix everything well and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Fill the salad into the bread carrots with a teaspoon and serve.
Tip: Put some of the spinach leaves aside for decoration. The leaves can be used as green for the "carrots" when serving. If you find the olive oil too intense, you can also mix half of it with a more neutral salad oil.
We wish you a lot of fun preparing and enjoying the salad, and a happy Easter time!
Wir wünschen viel Spaß beim Zubereiten und Genießen