Low-FODMAP foods are a healthy alternative for people who need to avoid lactose, fructose, sugar substitutes, and certain other polysaccharides.
FODMAP-rich foods can trigger symptoms such as gas, diarrhea, and constipation – particularly when the person's intestine has already been damaged or they suffer from a congenital intolerance
FODMAP-rich foods include:
- Broccoli, cabbage, fennel, onions, garlic, leeks, mushrooms, chickpeas, beans, and legumes
- Apples, pears, apricots, mangos, and cherries
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese
- Sugar substitutes (e.g. sorbitol)
Many sources also claim that wheat and other grains can be problematic, in that wheat contains large quantities of “fructane” fructose chains, and many researchers and dieticians believe that wheat and gluten can be triggers.
Ultimately, gluten isn't technically relevant to the literal FODMAP diet as they have a completely different structure: all FODMAPs are carbohydrates, whereas gluten is a protein. Therefore, it's more likely that a wheat intolerance (wheat sensitivity) or gluten intolerance (celiac’s disease) is the culprit for symptoms.
Low-FODMAP foods include:
- Carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, bok choy, eggplant, potatoes, parsnips, chives, and turnips
- Bananas, blueberries, strawberries, melon, graprefruit, oranges, and kiwi
- Almond milk, lactose-free milk, rice milk, coconut millk, and cheeses/yogurts made from plant-based milks
- Dextrose, malt sugar, tapioca syrup, and rice syrup
Frusano’s products are fructose and lactose-free and don’t contain any sugar substitutes or indigestible polysaccharides, and meet the standards for a low-FODMAP diet.
Frusano produces low-FODMAP products such as chocolates, pralines, gummy bears, candies, fruit spreads, fructose-free drinks and sweeteners, as well as desserts, sauces, and various snacks and baked goods. Fili Multin chewable tablets are terrific supplment to complete our range of fructose-free FODMAP products.
Thanks to our special production methods and our fructose-free glucose syrup, all our products taste naturally sweet - artificially sweetened products just cannot compare! And, many of our products aren’t just fructose-free or low in fructose, they’re also gluten-free and vegan and have very low sorbitol content, as well.