Chocolate Mayo Cake
Our Chocolate Mayo Cake is made especially juicy by our insider tip - our vegan organic mayo is used. Accompanied by a chocolate ganache, this Frusano recipe will be a treat for all chocolate lovers. The low-fructose raspberry fruit mirror rounds off the recipe. Be brave and let yourself be inspired.
Preparation time: 1,5-2 h
Resting time: ca. 2,5 h.
Baking tme: ca. 45 - 50 min.
Quantity: 12 pieces
Ingredients for the dough:
- 250g flour
- 130g Organic corn sugar from Frusano
- 80g Organic Janosch Panama cocoa
- 1 pck. baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass of Vegan Bio Mayo with dextrose
- 100 ml water
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache:
- 290g cream
- 400g Bio Filita Whole milk chocolate
Ingredients for the raspberry mirror:
- 4 tablespoons Raspberry fruit spread
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Fresh raspberries to taste for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, top/bottom heat and prepare a 20 cm springform pan.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and organic corn sugar corn sweetener until fluffy.
- Mix the flour, the scraped out vanilla pod, organic Janosch Panama-lucky cocoa and baking powder in a bowl. Add the flour mixture alternating with the vegan organic mayo with dextrose while stirring slowly to the eggs. Then add the water bit by bit and work everything into a smooth dough.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and bake at 180 °C for 45-50 minutes. With the help of the stick test you can see if the cake is baked through.
- As the cake cools completely, prepare one ganache each for the softer filling and the slightly firmer coating. First, roughly chop the Bio Filita milk chocolate. For the filling, heat 150g cream in a saucepan while stirring. Before the cream boils, add 180g of the chopped Bio Filita milk chocolate and remove the pan from the heat. Stir with a whisk until all the chocolate is dissolved in the cream and a smooth, even cream is formed. For the coating, heat 140g of cream in a saucepan while stirring. Before the cream boils, add the remaining chopped Bio Filita milk chocolate (220g) and remove the pot from the heat. Stir with a whisk until all the chocolate is dissolved in the cream and a creamy, even cream is formed. Label both masses and let them cool down completely in the refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes, covered.
- Remove the cooled dough from the mould. Cut off the dome horizontally and set aside. Cut the remaining dough horizontally once more.
- Take the ganache for the filling out of the refrigerator and stir well again with a whisk or hand blender. Put the bottom cake layer back into the mould and spread with 1/3 of the ganache for the filling. Then put on the dome of dough that has been set aside. Pour the rest of the chocolate filling over it and smooth it down. Finally, place the pastry lid on and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the mould and place it on a plate. Take the ganache for the coating out of the fridge and stir well again. If you like, put aside some ganache for the decoration. Spread the cake completely with the chocolate mixture. This works best with a dough scraper or pallet. Place the finished Chocolate Mayo Cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- For the raspberry mirror, mix 4 tablespoons of raspberry fruit spread with 4 tablespoons of water in a saucepan and heat it up. As soon as the raspberry sauce begins to boil, remove from the heat and serve. The raspberry mirror can also be prepared well. If necessary, simply heat up again briefly while stirring.
- Divide the cake into 12 pieces. Put some of the raspberry sauce on a plate and place a piece of the Chocolate Mayo Cake on top. Heat the ganache that has been put back a little and add a little bit of the chocolate mayo cake with a spoon. Decorate with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
Tip: If you need to speed things up, simply place the ganache in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Have fun preparing and enjoy!